Powered By Blogger

Monday, June 6, 2016

6 Girls at a Corner Table.






Myself and my best friend Mandy.

I haven't seen my best friend since, I believe, October for Harper's first birthday! She decided to move to California for a change of scenery in January. Which sucked big time because I was pregnant and so she didn't get to come see Emerson when I had her in the hospital. But, if she was in Florida, I know she would've been there.

Speaking of Emerson:


Holy precious Sweet Face!! #hearteyes
By the way, that's my nick name for her, besides Sissy and about 47 other things we call her, is Sweet Face! Because, well.. I mean look at her!

So anyway, let me give you a bit of background/detail on Mandy and I's relationship.
We met in 2008 at the gym and became kind of inseparable. We would go at LEAST 2 times a week to this country bar in Tampa called The Dallas Bull to line dance and mack on some fellas. We were looking good, then, too (actually, that was just me, Mandy basically looks the same, only she straightens her hair more than she did, haha) and we've been best friends since then.

#throwback circa 2008.
 Being a stay at home mommy and wife, its hard to make new friends, so keeping the ones you have is really important; but still hard because a lot of people who don't have kids don't quite grasp the mom struggle just yet and so they loose patience with it. I can't blame them, it's hard! Friendship always requires maintenance; attention, and conversation, something that becomes less easy to do when you're taking care of children, a husband, and a household. (because let's be honest, we 100% take care of our husbands, they can't do crud without us!)

Moving to a new city, a place where my husband is from, is hard to make new friends, and I hate relying on my sister in law to be my friend and hang out with me, when she has her own friends. So I really cherish the times I get to unwind with my best gal pal (doesn't that make you feel like your grandma or something? Pretty sure that's a grandma saying - "gal pal".) And that's just what we did yesterday; we got to hang out and just gab our faces off! While eating at our favorite Mexican restaurant.




Our moms came along too, because over the years they've become friends, too! 6 girls at a table in the corner of the restaurant.

I don't have a very big family. My mom is an only child, and my dad has one sister with no kids. So, I'm the only person I even know of that doesn't have any real cousins! There are 4 of us kids and we're very close. But beyond that, there's not much else. So, if I've learned anything over the years, it's definitely that you can choose your family. I'd say you should choose people who are trustworthy, loyal, honest, and happy. And I choose her and her family to be apart of mine. They're good picks!

Well, there's supposed to be a tropical storm coming better get off the computer!
Follow me on Instagram & Snapchat for more fun, silly stuff with super cute babies!


No comments:

Post a Comment